Abstract submission - final deadline 15 November 2023.
The review phase by experts will take place in November 2023, and all accepted abstracts will be invited to submit a full paper in December 2023.
15 November 2023: Final deadline for submission of abstracts
15 December 2023: Reply on acceptance of abstracts
30 January 2024: Deadline for submitting full papers
4 September 2023 - 30 January 2024: Early Bird
31 January - 9 April 2024: Standard registration
10 - 11 April 2024: Conference
1. Please log-in under https://www.conftool.org/isec2024
3. You will get a confirmation of your submission by email.
4. The review phase by international experts will take place in November 2023. After the review phase you will get a note: Presentation, Poster or Rejected.
Presentation: Each author whose abstract has been accepted has the opportunity to submit a full paper for the online conference proceedings of ISEC 2024. For the online conference proceedings we are collaborating with TIB Open Publishing (Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB). This collaboration offers the advantages that each paper has a crossref DOI registration, open access publication, indexing of the paper in google scholar and long-term archiving.
Poster: Send us your recorded presentation (length 2 minutes) by February, 28, 2024. A guide for pre-recording you can find here.
Besides that please bring your printed poster to the conference. At the reception you will receive mounting material and information on where to place your poster. Poster size: A0 (portrait format 841 mm x 1,1189 mm).
5. Submission of full paper latest by 30 January 2024.
6. All poster presenters and oral speakers must register and pay the conference fee for the ISEC 2024 conference by 30 January 2024 to be included in the program.
The following research topics related to technologies and systems for Buildings, Industry, Districts, Cities, and Regions are open for the Call for Abstracts
• Renewable heating and cooling, including high temperature applications
• Emerging heat and cold storage
• Solutions for Energy Efficiency
• Sustainable Renovation
• Excess Heat Energy and Resource Recovery from Low-grade Sources
• Centres for circularity
• New technologies for realizing energy and resource efficiency (Process Intensification)
• Approaches towards net-zero/negative emissions in the industry including CCU
• Digitalization for Future Energy Systems
• Coupling of Energy Sectors
• Flexibility and Stability of Thermal and Electric Grids
• Future District Heating and Cooling Technologies
• Replacement of big fossil Power Plants by Renewables – Impact on District Heating
In addition to the above research topics, the following cross-cutting themes may be addressed:
• Spatial Energy Planning
• IT Technologies and Artificial Intelligence
• Life Cycle Assessment
• Finance and Business Models
• Smart Services and System Operation
All listed topics with a special focus on developing and emerging countries